My speaking engagements range from these topics below:
- Implicit bias
- Conversations about Race
- Intercultural and cross cultural communication
- Women supporting women
- White Privilege
- Social Justice in Education
- How we are socially constructed and how to deconstruct what I call the “ticker tape” of judgements, assumptions and biases in our daily lives.
- Personal transformation, compassion, and deep listening are essential skills in making this kind of change happen.
RECENT SPEAKING AND WORKSHOP ENGAGEMENTS: For more specific consulting packages go here.
- TedxWWU- March 4, 2017
- Western Washington University Equity and Inclusion Forum series (ongoing)
- Women’s Professional Network, October 2016
- Western Libraries, August 2016
- Burlington Edison School District, August 2016
What folks are saying….
“Joy was a fantastic facilitator and made it a very safe space”- Workshop participant, Feb. 2016
“Dr. Wiggins broke the ice by sharing examples of her personal story”- Workshop participant, Feb. 2016
“I became more engaged than anticipated” -Workshop participant, Feb. 2016
My biggest take-away was, “How much I didn’t know and how I can be more aware”- Workshop participant March 2016
My biggest take-away was, “Micro-aggressions originate from systemic bias”- Workshop participant November, 2015
I will apply this by “acknowledging that others have a ticker tape of me as well”- Workshop participant, November 2016